Chart Series Branching based on point data

I’ve been trying to use chart point data in the Branch Action of Chart Series action to dynamically set conditions and query. I can’t seem to get Branch to work at all in a Chart series for that matter.

I created a OppsBySource page to demonstrate. Tried both a formula field on the model and the same formula in the formula section in the branch itself. I’ve also tried “1 == 1”, true, “true”, TRUE, “TRUE”, 1, etc… nothing works. :frowning:

<skuidpage unsavedchangeswarning="yes" personalizationmode="server" showsidebar="true" useviewportmeta="true" showheader="true">
 <models>
 <model id="OppsByIndustry" limit="" query="true" createrowifnonefound="false" datasource="salesforce" type="aggregate" sobject="Opportunity">
 <fields>
 <field id="Id" name="countId" function="COUNT"/>
 <field id="morethan2" uionly="true" displaytype="FORMULA" ogdisplaytype="TEXT" readonly="true" returntype="BOOLEAN" label="morethan2">
 <formula>{{countId}} &amp;gt; 2</formula>
 </field>
 </fields>
 <conditions/>
 <actions/>
 <groupby method="simple">
 <field id="Account.Industry" name="accountIndustry"/>
 </groupby>
 </model>
 </models>
 <components>
 <skuidvis__chart model="OppsByIndustry" maintitle="{{Model.labelPlural}}" type="column" uniqueid="sk-1WiBGt-112">
 <dataaxes>
 <axis id="axis1"/>
 </dataaxes>
 <categoryaxes>
 <axis id="categories" categorytype="field" field="accountIndustry"/>
 </categoryaxes>
 <serieslist>
 <series valuefield="countId" splittype="none" splitfield="leadSource">
 <actions>
 <action type="branch" model="OppsByIndustry">
 <conditions>
 <condition type="contextrows" field="Id" mergefield="Id" operator="in" autocreated="true"/>
 </conditions>
 <iftrueactions>
 <action type="blockUI" message="There are more than 2 Opps for Industry {{$Chart.point.Name}} - {{$Chart.point.y}}" timeout="2000"/>
 </iftrueactions>
 <formula>{{morethan2}}</formula>
 </action>
 <action type="blockUI" message="There are 2 or less Opps for Industry {{$Chart.point.Name}} - {{$Chart.point.y}}" timeout="2000">
 <conditions>
 <condition type="contextrows" field="Id" mergefield="Id" operator="in" autocreated="true"/>
 </conditions>
 </action>
 </actions>
 </series>
 </serieslist>
 <colors/>
 <legend layout="horizontal" halign="center" valign="bottom"/>
 </skuidvis__chart>
 </components>
 <resources>
 <labels/>
 <javascript/>
 <css/>
 </resources>
 <styles>
 <styleitem type="background" bgtype="none"/>
 </styles>
</skuidpage>

Hi, Pat. It looks like you found a bug in the Branch Action. I’ve got it logged and we’ll get it patched in a future iteration of Brooklyn. The issue is that the extra $Chart variables are ignored in the branch action. Once we get the issue patched, you should be able to access the value that you want via the $Chart.point.y variable within the branch formula.

Hi Skuid Community~

Thank you for your patience as we addressed this bug. This issue has been resolved in the Brooklyn Iteration 3 release which is now available from the Skuid Releases page.

As a reminder, Salesforce does NOT allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission critical functionality before installing into a production environment. We also recommend that you update out of date themes when you upgrade.

Thanks!

-Skuid Support (SS)