Absolutely fantastic tool

I have been charged with “learning” how to work with Skuid on Salesforce at work with a sight to implementing it for a few client projects, and indeed being able to recommend it going forward for other projects that fit it’s features.

Having only encountered Skuid before as a Mini-hack in the Developer Zone at Dreamforce in maybe 2012 or 2013, and I have to say I was really skeptical because my experience of it back then was, well basically crap! :stuck_out_tongue:

Now though, having spent 4 or 5 days on platform - I am absolutely blown away! What a brilliant, powerful and well thought out tool it is. Every time I decide to attempt something and my brain goes “uh oh!! This is gunna be a ballache” I click in where seems like the most intuitive place and boom the exact kind of options I would like to see are there. Not only that, they normally have bells on as well.

I had to briefly use LEX and the Developer Console this afternoon for another purpose, and I think I had become a boiled frog to how frustrating they are at the moment (and if you check my twitter history, I’m not exactly singing the Dev Consoles praises most of the time). The Skuid interface and experience is absolutely brilliant. Fast, reliable and well documented.

Thank you - folk of Skuid - and I look forward to engaging more and more with this community as I get further and further involved in the product.

(I also look forward to reading this comment back to myself in 12 months time when I am posting my fifth “I’m absolutely exacerbated at the endless problems Skuid causes me” thread of the week :smiley:

Sounds like my first time using Skuid a couple years back.

Nice! How long have you been using skuid for?

5 days on Skuid now, and 6 years on Salesforce (11+ years in IT).

I’m using Skuid entirely in the context of learning, playing and creating my own “concepts” to showcase to the company management and my colleagues (who will themselves no doubt be getting involved in the coming weeks and months) - which probably explains why I am enjoying it more than having to use other tools in client-contexts!

There are great things to come. Enjoy!

Focus on building solutions for 2-3 of the problems and it’ll be a slam dunk! Know the problems inside and out if you don’t yet.

Thank you for sharing your kind words! Glad you found us and the Skuid community, Simon! Enjoy and please let us know if you run into any issues. The community is a wealth of resources and knowledge and is full of wonderful people who are always ready and willing to help!