Passing URL Query String to Page Includes Broken (8.15.7)

We use a number of Page Includes in pop ups, and prefer to have one common page for all pop ups of a given type. Querying models with URL parameters was half of the battle, we also needed access to that value elsewhere. I figured out a workaround for the time being.

1) Create a new model on the parent page, and add a UI only text field (called ‘value’). We happened to have a ‘Setup’ model already defined on our master page, so I used it.

2) Create a new model + UI Only text field (also called ‘value’) on the child page include. 

3) Create a new Inline javascript snippet on the child page. It is important that it’s inline as it needs to happen on page load. Enter the following code:

The model names and variable names can be anything, so long as they’re appropriately updated in the snippet. Also, I assume the interested data is in the first row of each model.

(function(skuid){ var $ = skuid&#46;$;<br />$(document&#46;body)&#46;one('pageload',function(){<br /> &nbsp; &nbsp;&#47;&#47;get the two models<br />var ParentModel = skuid&#46;model&#46;getModel('ParentModel');<br />var ChildModel = skuid&#46;model&#46;getModel('ChildModel');<br />&#47;&#47;get the first row of each model<br />var ParentModel_Row = ParentModel&#46;getFirstRow();<br />var ChildModel_Row = ChildModel&#46;getFirstRow();<br /><br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &#47;&#47;Set the inherted value<br />ChildModel&#46;updateRow(ChildModel_Row, {value : Setup&#46;getFieldValue(ParentModel_Row, 'value')});<br />});<br />})(skuid);

The model names and variable names can be anything, so long as they’re appropriately updated in the snippet. Also, I assume the interested data is in the first row of each model.