Flow error displays instead of field validation

I’ve been working on a major overhaul of UI and processes related to Opportunity. I’ve moved everything to ourUAT sandbox, and now Skuid is not behaving the same as it does in the dev sandbox.

I’ve done a diff on the xml, and there are no differences. Here is the desired behavior as currently working in the dev sandbox:

In UAT, it doesn’t show any of the validation rules, but instead the workflow error which does not show the user any helpful information:

I have to look at the flow error email message to see that it failed due to multiple FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTIONs

The flag to show inline errors is set.

Installed package page states that both are using version Skuid 7.27. I can try updating to a newer release, but Jack’s message at the bottom of this thread (https://community.skuid.com/t/validation-rule-error-messages) tells me it still might be a problem.

Jared~

Based on Jack’s response to your comment on the other post, seems like upgrading might resolve your issue … As a reminder, Salesforce does not allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission critical functionality before installing into a production environment.

Thanks!
Karen

Thanks for the reminder, Karen.  Just had a UAT kickoff meeting this morning, so even though it is a sandbox, it has a wider audience than usual.  Since the release I’m using is fairly old, I think I’ll start with upgrading to the last stable release of Banzai.

This had nothing to do with Skuid, but was an unfortunate result of hurried problem solving.  I had introduced a validation rule that used CreatedDate to allow existing opps to bypass the validation.  The validation wasn’t failing until the record was saved which caused the error message to display in the context of the process builder.  Adding ISBLANK(CreatedDate) to the validation rule did the trick.

Oh well, at least it’s working now.

Jared~

Phew! What a relief huh? Glad you got it working :slight_smile:

Thanks for the update!
Karen