UI Only PickList Custom Field Renderer Snippet Stopped working

I have a UI-Only picklist field on an object that up until a week ago was being populated by a custom field renderer snippet. Circumstantially, the snippet appears to have to have stopped working after the Rockaway 8.11 point release was applied on 6/8/2016.

The issue seems to be that the UI-only picklist field no longer has a picklistEntries member in the field metadata. Here is the contents of the snippet:

var params = arguments[0], $ = skuid.$;
var field = arguments[0];
console.log(field);
var picklistEntries = field.metadata.picklistEntries;
picklistEntries.length = 0;

skuid.$.each(skuid.model.getModel('Periods').getRows(), function(i,row) {

var isDefaultValue = false;

if(i===0){
        isDefaultValue=true;
        var mod = skuid.model.getModel('AccountingPeriodSignOffs');
        var cond = mod.getConditionByName('Period\_Code\_\_c');
        mod.setCondition(cond,row.maxPeriodCodec);
        mod.updateData();
    }

picklistEntries.push({value: row.maxPeriodCodec, label: row.maxPeriodCodec, defaultValue: isDefaultValue, active: true});

});
var value = skuid.utils.decodeHTML(picklistEntries[0].value);
skuid.ui.fieldRenderers[field.metadata.displaytype][field.mode](field,value);

The error is: “Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property ‘length’ of undefined” which is thrown at the “picklistEntries.length = 0;” line, suggesting that field.metadata.picklistEntries is undefined

Sure enough, when I look at the output of the console.log(field) I see that there is no longer “picklistEntries” member:

Can anyone recommend a fix or workaround?

Matt~

We are unable to reproduce the error you are seeing. Can you create a page using standard Salesforce objects that mirrors the functionality you want on this page? If the problem persists, paste the XML here for us to take a look at.

Thanks!
Karen

Hi Karen,

No problem - I was just able to repro using the “Contact” Salesforce object. XML is below:

var params = arguments[0],
$ = skuid.$;

var field = arguments[0];

console.log(field);
/**/
var picklistEntries = field.metadata.picklistEntries;

picklistEntries.length = 0;

skuid.$.each(skuid.model.getModel(‘RecentContacts’).getRows(), function(i,row) {

if(i===0){
    isDefaultValue=true;
}

console.log(row.Name);

picklistEntries.push({value: row.Name, label: row.Name, defaultValue: isDefaultValue, active: true});

});

var value = skuid.utils.decodeHTML(picklistEntries[0].value);

skuid.ui.fieldRenderers[field.metadata.displaytype]field.mode;
/**/
/*
skuid.$.each(skuid.model.getModel(‘RecentContacts’).getRows(), function(i,row) {

if(i===0){
    isDefaultValue=true;
}

console.log(row.Name);

});
*/

Thanks,

-Matt

Hi Matt,

Is your ui-only filter field empty or does it have picklist entries? The picklistEntries field will not show up in the object metadata when the list is empty.

Thanks,

Amy