Calendar drag/drop in month view?

Is drag/drop rescheduling supported in the calendar month view? I have it working in week view, but nothing happens when I try to drag it in month view.

Sorry Peter - its not supported.  I’ll change this to an idea and add it to our backlog. 

Thanks for that Rob, really appeciated if it can be added soon 

Hello, is there any update on this? We really need this. We now have to keep on using calendaranything next to Skuid. Can you give an estimate on when this will be implemented?

Ooh - I hate that you are having to use Calendar Anything next to Skuid.  Unfortuantely I know for sure that major calendar improvements will NOT be in our next release.  So the soonest this feature will be available is late this year. 

Sorry. 

Month View Drag/Drop was implemented in the Banzai release of Skuid.

LIKE !

Zach is such a hero…

I’m so happy…! it woks brilliantly among the rest of the Banzai release. BEAU-TI-FULL!!

is there a way to disable this feature?

Dang! Sangeetha,  thanks for reporting this.  The editable flag on the calendar source should control whether an event can be dragged.  It works correctly on the week view.  It should work on the month view. 

I’ll get back to you soon via direct email with any workarounds. 

Boo…

Thanks Rob,

I am having same issue in Week view too, also to toruble shoot this I put a validation rule which will prevent the changing of the start time, but when I preview the page as me the VR is firing when I drag the event, but when I log in as a user the VR is not firing, that is weird.

Thanks,

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Is there a way to disable the Calendar Drag and Drop feature in Month View?. Hi 

I have designed the  Calendar page , the user who use this page should be able to edit the event and link a opportunity, and should not able to change the Start time and end Time,I was able to achieve this by FLS on the object. But the user is able to drag and drop the time so he is ultimately able to change the start time and end time which I don’t want them to do.

As of Banzai Update 7 Patch 4 (click here to get the link from Skuid Releases), you can disable dragging/dropping of Calendar Events in Month View for a particular Calendar by going to to the Month View’s settings and un-checking Enable Dragging/Dropping of Events :

This will disable dragging/dropping of Events from any Event Source.

This is Awesome Zach… just in time for my projects go live
how do I get the patch installed in our org?

Thanks

Click on the link in my comment above, then click on the “Show Install URLs” Row Action next to the Banzai Update 7 Patch 4 row in the table.

Does the drag drop feature work mobile? I am using the calendar feature for activities for my Sales Reps and their go to device is iPad or iPhone.

Hi Ian, thank you for the good question. I recommend you create a new community post for it :slight_smile: thanks!

Hey Everyone,

As some of you may know, Skuid has implemented the new calendar component in the new Chicago release which is now available on the Skuid Releases page. The best practices for upgrading can be found in Upgrading Skuid on Salesforce. As a reminder, Salesforce does NOT allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission-critical functionality before installing into a production environment. We also recommend that you update out-of-date themes and design systems after you upgrade. Please let us know if you continue to encounter any problems with this issue after upgrading.

Thanks,