Multi-Select filter option for non-picklist fields

I’m still missing something then.

Pat - what version of Skuid are you running in this org? 

Weird,  cuz I can get the type ahead to populate values for reference fields in aggregate models… Both directly on the object and on the parent object. 

We recognize that the type ahead is not as intuitive as the classic multiselect control.  But we are worried about large volumes of relation values.  It seems the type ahead allows for more easy finding.  We are still looking at some Ux optimization here. 

I’m ok with type ahead, but I don’t get the option to limit which values are available like I can when I specify that the values come from a model.

The multiselect doesn’t seem to hit the nail on the head. Here are the results of the two.

1. Built in functionality

1. Hacked method

As I said earlier,  the hacked method is going to be problematic when you have 100 records in your reference.  We might set some boundary like we do on option select filters,  but that’s what it is…   

How else would you like the nail hit? 

The auto create one doesn’t render ever as a multi select on a reference field.

Hi,

Any news or workarounds available regarding this issue?
Would it be possible to populate a table filter from JS snippet? If so, how?

I need to show a multi-select table filter based on a Reference field but with the look & feel of a “normal” picklist table filter.

Thanks

Pedro, so you want a Multi-select Filter based on a Reference field that looks like a single-select table filter? How would the user be able to select multiple Reference field values using the single-select picklist? Skuid already allows you to do Multi-Select on Reference fields, and the UI is the way it is precisely because the single-select UI doesn’t make sense when picking multiple values. 

Hi Zach,

Not realy, what I realy need is a multi-select table filter based on a Reference field that looks like the multi-select picklist as shown in the picture (based on the values of the reference field values in the table:

Okay, I see. That makes sense.

Any thougths for a possible solution or a workaround?

I’d also like to know if there’s a trick to make this work.  It’s possible to create a select filter with manual options sourced from a field on an aggregate model, essentially making a text field work like a native picklist.  It doesn’t seem like a stretch to do this with multi-select, but you don’t get a manual option for multi-select filters.

EDIT:  Actually the hack works for this case too!  If you create a select filter and set up your options manually (in my case from an aggregate model that returns all unique values of a text field) then all you need to do is edit the XML and change filter type from “select” to “multiselect”.  

K. There is a simple solution to this if you know where to tweak in the XML and how to set the condition.

The solution is the same as posted 12 months ago with one additional tweak. Set in the XML autocompthreshold=“25” to either “” or a bigger number such as “500”.

So, to recap the steps.

1. Create a condition where value is set to “Multiple specified values”
  2. Create a Filter where “Pick Options and Condition(s)” is set to manual. Select the condition from step 1. Set the Source with “Source Type” set to Snippet. Type in your snippet name.
  3. Open the XML and update two parameters on your filter as per the pic below.

Thanks again Pat.  (or should I say mB Pat).  Its great when an old answer serves another purpose. 

Hi Pat - What did you do to be able see the soql in the developer console?  I’m using this method, but when I deselect all, apply, it appears the table is filtered as Region = “” (none).  The second time I deselect all, apply, then I get the expected Region = any.

Here you go.

Thanks for the fishing lesson, Pat.  Hope you have a great weekend!

HI All,

Is it possible to use Manal picklist options for multi select filters on Table?

I can see manal option for single select filter only.

Thanks,
Raj