Has anyone used Skuid to view org charts?

Hi Krista!

The stuff I posted here really was a jumping-off point (after I lost interest… sorry…) so it won’t be very robust!

Importantly, this is for the ReportsToId field that is a standard field on the Contact record - be sure to add it to your Skuid contacts model

Further notes to get this to work:

1. Create a model which has the related contacts in making sure it includes Id, name and ReportsToId fields
  2. Amend the javascript I added in my post in two places. Firstly, where it says "Grab your Skuid model" swap 'Employees' (in parentheses) with the name of the model you created in (1). Secondly, change YOURSALESFORCEURL.COM for your Salesforce url (e.g. acme.my.salesforce.com)
  3. Add the external resource url as per screenshot below
  4. Add this to a page by adding a Template component (allow HTML) with the following template:
    <div id="chart_div"></div> 

I've got to dash but can get back to you tomorrow if it's still not working. Once again, this was just messing around so it'd need further work for it to be ready to use.

As for linking to Salesforce’s own org chart - if you use this link in a redirect button on the contact:

https://YOURSALESFORCEURL.com/cntc/contact_hierarchy.jsp?id={{{Id}}}

Be sure to change {{{Id}}} to whichever the Id field is of the contact in the model, it might, for example, be {{{ContactId}}}. See second screenshot below: