Has anyone used Skuid to view org charts?

Hello Rob, 

Happy Thanksgiving!

Great observation re: Ugly native Salesforce Org Charts.

Have you ever tried printing them? You can’t (!) The other day I had to take a long screen shot extending below the part visible in the window and then convert to PDF, and crop the ugly parts out.  That wasn’t pretty as well . . .

Org Charts are so very important!  We use Org Chart View all the time in Salesforce. We constantly map reporting relationships in Salesforce: doing so sheds serious insight on the people and company one is researching.  Consequently, I wonder why Org Charts are left behind in Lightning. We have not transitioned to the Lightning platform for that very reason . . . and for the lack of Campaigns. 

3 Luddite questions:

1. Is there a way to have the View Org Chart link that is on the native Salesforce page work in Skuid? 

2. I have followed Louis Skelton's steps below.  I regret to say I’m stuck - as in “now what” stage. After creating the CSS style, how do I get the chart to render on the page.  (What component do I use and how do I then I refer to said model, javascript resource, and CSS.)   

3. Regarding Peter Baeza's cautionary note on large charts.  We are charting global companies . . .in most cases we stay VP and above. Our charts normally don’t exceed 500 people. But at what point does “governor limits” become an issue? (Is this a reference to API calls or something else I need to “google” to understand?)

Kind regards,
Krista