Add Environment to Banzai Skuid header

Love the new header but one issue is that I quickly lose track of which environment I am in. Would be nice if the environment name would show up somewhere in the header bar. I had to disable it for now to make sure I am in the right environment when making edits. 

Offhand, do you know if there’s an API for that info?

I don’t actually. I remember trying to find that information a long time ago with no success. I tried looking again and Stack is filled with ugly Url parsing hacks. It might not be possible.

As an alternative maybe an indicator that says Sandbox or something. That way I at least know that I am not in Production making changes.

Yeah, maybe we should provide some custom setting where you can set an org “NickName” and an org “Color” or something like that. Then you could merge them in with merge syntax.

Yeah, not a bad idea. At least for us absent-minded Skuidites…Skuidies…what do you call Skuid fans?

Just fans.  Usually  raving lunatic fans… 

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api.meta/api/sforce_api_objects_organization.htm

Thanks Irvin. Unfortunately, the organization object doesn’t have the name/nickname of the sandbox environment. I.e. Dev, QA, Staging, etc… It does at least tell you whether you are in a sandbox and the instance (i.e. CS2) you are on. Unless I missed something in the documentation. 

Yep. I just started changing my username to something descriptive of the environment for this very purpose.