'Are you sure?' action

I’m facing this now. It seems like there is a choice between using an ugly Javascript “confirm” in a snippet and making a Skuid popup. 

I tried to find a middle ground by creating a jQueryUI confirm dialog in a snippet which looked great and even had the Skuid theming we’re using. I thought I was pretty clever until I realised those can’t be made synchronous. It can’t return a true/false to the action framework, so execution returns to the action framework in the background while the dialog is shown. 

I’d love to see this addressed, although in our case we only want to show the “are you sure” if certain criteria are met when saving. E.g. “Are you sure you want to close this case?” As I understand the action framework, the only way to make actions conditional is to reproduce the whole button with different rendering conditions, which is also problematic.

So while a simple confirmation dialog (allowing configuration of title, text and button text) would help it would be even more powerful if we could only show it conditionally. Then I guess you’re getting into the whole world of conditional actions, which the action framework doesn’t seem to touch on yet. So that might be a separate request, although tied to this one for our purposes.