Subscribe to Master Page Model events from Child Page

Hi All -

Happy to provide more details. I guess it really comes down to how far to take this concept. In my OP I was thinking simple to start with but I could really see this getting pretty slick and include things like extra fields even (this would be more difficult depending on how the XML is parsed for model definitions).

Initially I was thinking that a page designer, from a child page, could choose a master model, go to “actions” and subscribe to its events. In the XML, it could be a separate node under models (e.g. ) with a models tagand then normal processing would occur on the actions node. For example, I have a “RunningUser” model on my master page so on my child page, I could subscribe to the “row created” event and take child page specific actions without having to add another “RunningUserChild” model or using javascript.

Zach - I’m not seeing the “Page Level Actions” idea that you mentioned - can you explain that one? For subscribing to child page models, you could just use the model on the child page itself, not sure you’d need an extra “Page-Level Actions” area for the child models themselves?