Action framework conditions

Came across several situations recently where “Action Conditions” would really help simplify approach.  For example, I need certain actions to occur when a new row is created in a model but in some situations, I don’t want those actions to fire.  Having the ability to specify an action condition would allow for this and avoid having to code the solution in javascript and/or other creative solutions.

These have been discussed in the past and mentioned as under consideration I believe.

Any updates on if this is something we’ll see in the future and if so, how close it might be?

Thanks!

+1

We have discussed the concept of conditionality or logic within action framework sequences.  It is a great idea.  It is not yet on any specific roadmap plan tho… 

I was about to write about this xD

+1

Thanks for the update Rob.  Lots of activity (likes & comments) on this in a short period of time, maybe we’ll see it added to the roadmap? :slight_smile:

+1

+1 It will be very helpful.

This idea was raised over a year ago at https://community.skuid.com/t/wish-list-items-action-conditions-and-custom-actions.  For those interested in these features, feel free to vote up that issue as well.  Let’s hit it from all sides :slight_smile:

Make sure to hit the “Vote” button in upper right corner of this and that post to get your official vote counted!

+1 This would be really helpful!

Conditions on Actions would eliminate so many lines of javascript!

This was implemented using branch actions.