merging records in Skuid

Great Work.  Having said that - if you don’t want to see that Aloha UI,  you can create a merge function within Skuid.  You create one model for all contacts you want to merge.  Then create models for all the child records you want to reparent. (Tasks, Notes, etc).  A button on the contact table does several things using the action framework:  

- A model condition on contact is activated so that the “Winner” contact is loaded. 
- The opposite model condition is activate on another model to identify the “losers”
- Models are created that retrieve related object records where the “WhatId” is in the original list of contacts.  The WhatId is updated with the ID from the winner.
- You might want to implement some UI to compare field values on the contact directly to allow users to choose the winner.  With some javascript you could have “on click” in one of the fields update the value in the “winner” record.
- Finally you want to delete all the rows in the “Loser” model.  (this really just puts them in the recycle bin,  so you can undo your actions,  but that’s what merging does…)

Weve sketched out Lead Deduping with this method and have been able to dedupe dozens of leads at a time.  The product is not finished yet, but is well on its way.

I think that is all the functionaliy that is associated with Merging.  Am I missing anything?  I’d love your feedback.