Chatter feed not showing up for Community Partner Users

edited February 25, 2019 in Questions
I am experiencing an issue where my Community Partner (CP) users cannot see the chatter feed on Skuid page for custom object.  

Here is what is/is not working:

1.  CP Users can see chatter feed in standard SF page for the custom object but not on the Skuid-ified page

2.  Internal users can see the Chatter feed on both the standard layout and the Skuid layout

Since the CP Users can see the feed in the standard layout and the internal users can see the feed in the Skuid page, it leads me to think that the problem may be with a Skuid user license permission but I know very little about that.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Rob HatchRob Hatch 💎💎💎
    edited September 1, 2016
    Can you make sure you have the chatter configuration set up as shown below: 

Obviously the Model you have will be different. 
  • edited November 28, 2017
    Yep, same configuration
    Any updates on this?  We are still experiencing this issue.  Thanks!
  • edited March 1, 2017
    Hi Gary, can you grant us login access to this org?  I have some time to look at this today.  You can grant access using these instructions.

http://help.skuidify.com/m/getting-started/l/182412-getting-help-how-to-grant-skuid-login-rights-to-...

Once you've done this, could you send an email to [email protected] with your org Id and the name of the portal User that we should check out the community as?
  • edited August 17, 2015
    Hi,

Was this ever solved?  I am having the same issue.
    I was actually just thinking about touching base on this. We are still experiencing this issue.
  • Rob HatchRob Hatch 💎💎💎
    edited September 1, 2016
    Gary,  did you ever grant us Login Rights and send an email as requested back in February?  Can you do this again? 

Thanks. 
  • edited August 20, 2015
    If I grant login access, could someone take a look at my org?
  • Rob HatchRob Hatch 💎💎💎
    edited September 1, 2016
    Ok.  We discovered that we have a bug in our chatter component such that the community prefix is not included in the URL that calls Chatter. Therefore when in the context of a community it does not show.   We will add this update to our backlog and get it fixed as soon as possible. 

There is a workaround - If you create an iFrame in your page that calls the chatter component with the correct community prefix - it will work.  Its ugly (cause all iFrames are ugly) and you probably want to do this in a separate Skuid Tab or in a Popup because iFrames have to use a defined height,  but it will work...
  • edited November 4, 2015
    Are there any updates on when this will be fixed? The same issue is preventing us from rolling out a number of skuid pages in our partner community. 
  • Rob HatchRob Hatch 💎💎💎
    edited September 1, 2016
    This was fixed in Banzai update 4.  It should be working now.  Please let us know if you have further questions or problems. 
  • edited November 4, 2015
    I tested this running Banzai 4 and again today after updating to Banzai 5. While viewing a page as a partner user,  a newsfeed set to Feed Type "News feed for running user" shows the message "There was an error trying to load the Chatter News Feed: Attempt to de-reference a null object.", while a Feed Type of "Feed for Model's first row" shows nothing. Viewing the same page as an internal user shows the correct chatter feed. 
  • Rob HatchRob Hatch 💎💎💎
    edited September 1, 2016
    OK.  This may be a different issue.  Can you grant us login rights to your org and send an email to [email protected]  with the following. 

1. Your Org ID
    2. A user who we can use to test in your community. 
    3. The name of the skuid page where chatter is failing.

Thanks.  
  • edited January 13, 2016
    We are having the same issue. Has there been any progress on it? Specifically with the "There was an error trying to load the Chatter News Feed: Attempt to de-reference a null object." error message.
    I contacted support about this in November and again this week without any response. Rob, could you elaborate on the mentioned workaround / how to call the component in an iframe?
    Magnus,

For the time being I created a VF page with this body.
    <apex:page showHeader="false" sidebar="false">     <chatter:feed entityId="{!$User.Id}" /> </apex:page>
    This will display the running user's chatter feed. There are more options for this VF tag here. https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.pages.meta/pages/pages_compref_chatter_feed.htm

I'm then using a Skuid:template component to iframe this page into the skuid layout where I need it. Not ideal, but a passible work around until we figure out what is going on. I'm not sure if this is the iframe solution Rob was describing or not.

Hope this helps.
  • edited January 14, 2016
    Thanks Ivan, that works. I used {!$CurrentPage.parameters.parameter} in the VF page to pass the record id to the component and my community users can finally use chatter in Skuid!
  • Rob HatchRob Hatch 💎💎💎
    edited September 1, 2016
    Sweet!  Thanks to the whole community for getting this long standing item taken care of!  I appreciate all the voices that helped here...
  • edited January 19, 2016
    Just so we're clear. My suggested workaround utilizes a visualforce solution. The out of the box skuid chatter widget still seems to not be working.
  • edited August 3, 2016
    Has the chatter component been fixed yet? It's still not showing for partner users...
  • edited August 3, 2016
    I am having this issue as of today. Going to try and implement the work around.
  • edited February 25, 2019
    Anyone know if this is fixed?  We are having the issue as well trying to incorporate chatter into our community.
  • edited July 13, 2018
    It looks like this issue still exists, blank chatter feed for me.
  • edited January 31, 2017
    Bump!
  • edited June 7, 2017
    Still seems to be an issue. 
  • edited June 7, 2017
    Bump. this is still an issue for me too.
  • edited August 9, 2017

Hello Community,

This issue may have been related to a bug that has now been resolved in the Brooklyn (10.0.4) Maintenance Release and the Brooklyn (9.5.11) Maintenance Release which are now available from the Skuid Releases page

As a reminder, Salesforce does NOT allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission critical functionality before installing into a production environment. We also recommend that you update out of date themes when you upgrade.

Thanks!

• edited February 25, 2019
    Chatter feed was working for my community users but I had to updated Skuid to solve a different Skuid bug so now I have inherited this Skuid bug.

Skuid bug.
  • edited March 16, 2018
    What version of Skuid are you running on now?