Affect other model conditions from a table date range filter

As always, thank you for the very detailed response. A couple of notes though:

1) I added actions to cancel model changes on the filter model and close the top most popup to each of the buttons. I’m sure you know this, but if anyone else tries this solution, make sure you add these actions or else you’ll receive an unsaved changes warning when you refresh or change pages. This can be circumvented if you turn off that setting at the page level, but then other models will also be affected. FYI, it would be awesome if this could be set at the model level and not just the page level.
2) This does not save the date range preference in the cookies so it is not remembered on a page refresh. 
3) The selected date range is not shown to the user, and because of the cancel model changes, it is not shown when selecting the global action again. I know I could show it in the page title and circumvent the unsaved changes warning for the entire page, but I’d rather show that warning for the other models.
4) Although this works, it doesn’t mesh as well as a date filter on the table. Especially considering there are a few other filters already on this table. 

Is there any possible way to make this work with the date picker filter on the table as opposed to the filter model?