Chart components using fiscal years

Right now, when picking dates for the categories on a chart, you are only presented calendar years/quarters.  We are offset by a quarter so calendar Q1 is our Q4 - big difference in urgency!  It would be great to be able to chart based on Calendar OR Fiscal years.

Joe,  we’d reccomend that you build an aggregate model and use the date function “Fiscal Quarter”  or “Fiscal Year”  to group your records.   You lose the date granularity options in your charts, but you improve your information display and you are able to show much more data.

Date groupings leverage base salesforce date functions.  These functions work if you have a standard fiscal calendar (Which means it follows the gregorian calendar but can be offset to start on some other month date).  I think this will work for you. 

information on date functions here

information on Salesforce Fiscal years here

Thanks - would like to get to the month level granularity at some point as a request :slight_smile:

I’m not sure there is a difference between fiscal months and calendar months.  What am I missing? 

We are working on the ability to show month labels instead of simple numbers.  

I was referencing the granularity changes as you mentioned.  We have a 3 month sales cycle so being able to flip between quarter and month would help.

You lose the date granularity options in your charts, but you improve your information display and you are able to show much more data. 

I’m not quite following this. I have the same situation where I’d like visualisations to react to filtering at Monthly, FIscal Quarters & Fiscal Years. Please explain the steps to this newbie :slight_smile:

What you should start doing is build a table that shows the model data you want to visualize.  Determine if you want to use aggregate models or show full record level detail.  Add filters to that table so it can be filtered how you want.  Look into our tutorials at help.skuidify.com for lots and lots of details on both questions. 

Then use the method pioneered by Matt Brown to hide the table contents and just retain the filter controls and build a visualization on the same model.  https://community.skuid.com/t/chart-filters-pro-tip-from-skuid-certification-training  Any change made to the model by the table filters will affect the vizualization. 

Welcome aboard! We try to treat our newbies with kid gloves.  Before you know it you’ll be a Skuid Jedi!