Allow table column widths to be modified by user

Especially when columns are so small that data can’t be read. -via Zachelrath on github.com/skuidify

Hi there -

I know I can drag the corner of a text field to increase its size while in edit mode - but is there a way to avoid having to do this every time I want to edit text in a text field that has entirely way too much text?

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Increasing the Area of a Long Text Field.

Right now, unfortunately, field/column widths aren’t adjustable. I hope that we will add this enhancement soon.

The ability for an administrator to specify either a pixel or percentage width for specific columns in a Skuid Table component has been added as of Skuid 2.26. It’s coming soon :slight_smile: View the issue on GitHub.

I love this new feature and we use it all the time now. Thanks for suggesting it Kaede!

I use it too! We do everything with percentages so things scale properly across devices and screen sizes!

I can’t seem to get the column widths to work/ Does it work on the column headers as well?

It would be great if they were adjustable on the user level to allow them to drag them in or out to re-size the column.

In addition to liking Nate’s idea, what if the user could show and hide columns as needed.  

Our users would love to have the ability to adjust the column widths on the skuid table as your can do in a list view in native Salesforce.

Duly noted.  Thanks Nate.  

Where was this implemented? 

Can this be branched into a new idea? The original post has not been implemented - column widths cannot be modified by the user, they can only be modified by the page builder. 

Did I see this is coming in Spark?

Jack,

Yes.  I saw last week’s Spark demo.  Users can adjust the column width as they would like.

Thanks,

Bill