Text area field set as required not showing red outline

Bill McCulloughBill McCullough 💎💎
edited June 25, 2020 in Questions
I have a text area field (Comment field in the picture) that is set to 'Required' in Skuid.  It does not display a red outline around the field the way that other fields do.  How can I fix it?

Comments

• AmrAmr
    edited May 3, 2016
    I found 2 work arounds for this issue
    • Use Javascript validation to insure value is populated and may be CSS to put red borders.
    • Create a validation rule on Salesforce side.
    I would recommend the first as it keeps Salesforce clean.
  • edited May 8, 2019
    Click the Source button -- weird.

• Bill McCulloughBill McCullough 💎💎
    edited May 3, 2016
    Amr...Thank you for your reply.  I was trying to avoid modifying the CSS.  I agree that this is the best way to go.  I am really asking if this is 'expected' behavior for Skuid.
    edited May 3, 2016
    Irvin...Thanks for your response.  I had not tried clicking 'Source'.  Based on your screenshot, it looks like this is a problem with rendering the outline with the CKEditor add in.
  • Zach McElrathZach McElrath Principal Software Engineer Chattanooga, TN 💎💎💎
    edited March 2, 2017
    Bill, 

This is a bug, Rich Textarea fields should have the red outline when the field is required. We have fixed this and the fix should be made available in an upcoming patch release of Skuid.

Regards,

Zach
    edited May 3, 2016
    Thanks Zach!
    edited March 2, 2017
    The fix for this is now available in patch 6.8.7, available from www.skuidify.com/skuidreleases
    edited May 3, 2016
    Zach...Looks great.  Thanks for the fix!
  • edited June 25, 2020
    Our Text Area fields marked as 'Required' are no longer getting the red box.  Is this a regression?  We are on the latest Banzai release.
  • Rob HatchRob Hatch 💎💎💎
    edited September 1, 2016
    Chandra,  this does look like a regression.  We'll address. 
  • Pat VachonPat Vachon 💎💎💎
    edited January 5, 2016
    Yup. Just found this in client org as well.
  • Pat VachonPat Vachon 💎💎💎
    edited January 5, 2016
    Chandra,

In the meantime, you could use the following CSS.
    .nx-field.nx-layout-above.nx-modified.required > div > div > textarea {     border: none;     border-top: 1px solid #d00;     border-right: 4px solid #d00;     border-bottom: 1px solid #d00;     border-left: 1px solid #d00; }
  • Sarah HughesSarah Hughes ✭✭
    edited October 2, 2015
    I just noticed this issue, also... am commenting so that I can get notification when addressed. Thanks for the CSS, Pat!
    edited December 21, 2016
    Confirmed, this is a regression with Banzai, that will be fixed in Banzai Update 3 (will be available from the Skuid Releases page by Monday morning).
  • edited March 2, 2017
    We appear to be having this issue in our current Skuid environment - we are on Rockaway Point Release 4 version number 8.10. Is this another regression issue??
  • Karen WaldschmittKaren Waldschmitt 🛠️ 
    edited December 21, 2016
    Melanie~

If you upgrade to the newest version at https://www.skuid.com/skuidreleases, do you still have this issue?

Thanks!
    Karen