Text area field set as required not showing red outline

I have a text area field (Comment field in the picture) that is set to ‘Required’ in Skuid.  It does not display a red outline around the field the way that other fields do.  How can I fix it?

I found 2 work arounds for this issue

• Use Javascript validation to insure value is populated and may be CSS to put red borders.
  • Create a validation rule on Salesforce side.
I would recommend the first as it keeps Salesforce clean.

Click the Source button – weird.

Amr…Thank you for your reply.  I was trying to avoid modifying the CSS.  I agree that this is the best way to go.  I am really asking if this is ‘expected’ behavior for Skuid.

Irvin…Thanks for your response.  I had not tried clicking ‘Source’.  Based on your screenshot, it looks like this is a problem with rendering the outline with the CKEditor add in.

Bill, 

This is a bug, Rich Textarea fields should have the red outline when the field is required. We have fixed this and the fix should be made available in an upcoming patch release of Skuid.

Regards,

Zach

Thanks Zach!

The fix for this is now available in patch 6.8.7, available from www.skuidify.com/skuidreleases

Zach…Looks great.  Thanks for the fix!

Our Text Area fields marked as ‘Required’ are no longer getting the red box.  Is this a regression?  We are on the latest Banzai release.

Chandra,  this does look like a regression.  We’ll address. 

Yup. Just found this in client org as well.

Chandra,

In the meantime, you could use the following CSS.

.nx-field.nx-layout-above.nx-modified.required &gt; div &gt; div &gt; textarea { border: none; border-top: 1px solid #d00; border-right: 4px solid #d00; border-bottom: 1px solid #d00; border-left: 1px solid #d00; }<br>

I just noticed this issue, also… am commenting so that I can get notification when addressed. Thanks for the CSS, Pat!

Confirmed, this is a regression with Banzai, that will be fixed in Banzai Update 3 (will be available from the Skuid Releases page by Monday morning).

We appear to be having this issue in our current Skuid environment - we are on Rockaway Point Release 4 version number 8.10. Is this another regression issue??

Melanie~

If you upgrade to the newest version at https://www.skuid.com/skuidreleases, do you still have this issue?

Thanks!
Karen