Page breaks with most things I do right now

This page is very large I am wondering if that might have something to do with it. I am at 20500 lines.

Do you want the working one before i click rendering or what it is after i save it?

20500 lines!!!

Try adding something to another of the page. See if it’s related to simply adding more lines to the XML vs the field editor you are working with specifically.

Also, you may want to start using page includes. That’s a lot of lines. What’s the load time?

Heres another error that i get that is different but caused by adding a new field to the model using the model popup when adding to a field editor.

Encountered premature end of XML: no more data available - expected end tags to close start tag from line 1 and start tag from line 1, parser stopped on END_TAG seen …</resource… @143:43

An unexpected error has occurred. Your solution provider has been notified. (skuid)

It actually loads really fast, using lazy loading for every tab. I have a tab set with sub tabset that has about 40 tabs and I have it setup in sections for the fields (all 1 case model single record with a couple other models in the mix) and when the user is done with a tab they complete the section which then shows the Green flag tab for the section and it is then read only. I also use page includes for a lot of things but I ran into an issue using page includes while Hiding tabs in a tab set. This was that issues we talked on before, I found that if you plan to hide the tab you are on it has weird display duplicaton when you use page includes but when no page includes it doesn’t. All has been perfect til now which sucks because I have this app almost finished.

I’d take a look through screen sharing if you’d like. Otherwise I can test on my end with XML. 

Also did you test to see if it’s spcifically the field editor in question or adding any additional components causes an issue?

Really seems that the end of the XML is being cut off.

There is definitely something that broke the XML Engine here. Even when editing the XML directly I am not able to do any changes at all and VERY VERY weird things are happening. I tried another computer and different browsers and still have the issues.

Some of the issues to note:
– When I manually add a line i get the XML section character which should not be there.
– When I save a manually typed line it breaks the page
– When copying something and pasting it pastes it twice!
– When you remove the line manually added and save the page works again!
– This behavior is only for this page, other pages do not have this issue.
– I tried multiple browsers and PCs. I mainly use Chrome and never had this issue until now.
–I tried numerous different fields
–To be exact I have 20540 lines in the XML.

PICS below:

Yup. Are there any models that are near duplicates that don’t need to be used at the same time? Maybe you can combine of them by activating & deactivating conditions.

Or maybe tweaking the tabs such the icon is switched out and components set to read-only by using a snippet to make those changes. I’d be a rather compact snippet as well based on the screen shots you’ve provided.

Even when deleting the whole contents and then pasting from Notepad if it has more than 20540 lines it will duplicate and then will have 41081 lines once pasted!

I guess we should only have XML in moderation as well. :wink:

The contents of the tabs are different also, I show forms inputs on the the orange tab and then the green tabs are for read only fields and layed out differently. I like the two tab approach I just need this thing to not break at 20540 lines.

20540 lines = 20 KB , this has to be some kind of bug/limitation set inside Skuid

Just throwing stuff at the wall to see if you like any of it. :smiley:

I don’t they’re going to change that limit all that soon. Well you probably well of all the options to trim it down. Page includes is likely the easiest way to go.

appreciate it man, maybe Skuid can up the limit or has an easy fix to go past 20540 XML lines. If not I might have to start moving things to page includes and do full page refresh’s. I would think XML should be allowed to go further, heap size is still low this is all just html.

appreciate it man, maybe Skuid can up the limit or has an easy fix to go past 20540 XML lines. If not I might have to start moving things to page includes and do full page refresh’s. I would think XML should be allowed to go further, heap size is still low this is all just html.

20540 just doesn’t seem that high to me. How many lines is one of your biggest pages?

Typically between 2-6000 lines.

There is a limit to how big your page can be.  If you look carefully at the Skuid Page object - you will find that we use 5 “Long text” fields to hold your XML file.  32000 characters x 5 = largest page size…

Check out this forum post with a tool Zach created to see if your page is really too big… 
https://community.skuid.com/t/my-skuid-page-is-really-big

Jarrod,  hopefully that is the answer.  But if not - we’d like to explore further what is going on with your XML wierdness…