Repro Approval History related list

edited February 2019 in Questions
We are implementing our first approval workflow in SF and want to release this object in a Skuid page right out of the gate so our users know no other way.  I've followed the example page here (https://community.skuidify.com/skuid/topics/how_do_i_expose_a_submit_for_approval_button_within_skui...)  but I end up with a list of records that just have users and status - nothing like the native SF related list, where the approvals are grouped under a step name, and the open approval is listed at the bottom.  Is there a way to get closer to this look?

Comments

• Rob HatchRob Hatch 🛠️ 
    edited September 2016
    We have not attempted to create a view of approval history that replicates the standard layout.  It would be a cool challenge though,  requiring some creating thinking... 

An Idea that does come to mind is to create a table on the Steps,  that shows the step name and approval status. 
    Then put a drawer under each step that shows the detail approval items that go in each step. 

I can't tackle today,  but maybe in the next week I'll have an hour to get this done. 
  • edited February 2019
    Sounds great.  For the life of me, I can't find the step description - the text that is highlighted in Green on the native RL, that actually describes what the user is approving.  If you can point me to that, I can continue to play around with it.  Thank you!!
  • edited February 2019
    Getting warmer... the "step name" as I describe it is the
    ProcessInstanceNode Name.  That wasn't an object I was connecting to before...

• Rob HatchRob Hatch 🛠️ 
    edited September 2016
    You might not see it,  but I'm cheering madly from the sidelines...  Go Go GO!!!!
  • edited February 2019
    Hey Rob, I wasn't successful in getting this to work.  We put on the backburner but now need to have this for an upcoming release, so I am hoping you'll have an hour to give this a shot now.

2 acceptable methods that we've looked at:
    render the SF native Approval related list using a Visual Force page presented via a template iFrame.  We've gotten the approvals to display, but the Approve/Reject links don't work.

Completely re-do approvals using the Table to represent the nodes and a drawer to show the approvals (or something like this.)  New Skuid buttons to trigger the actions: submit, reject, etc.

Our preference is to do the Skuid version.  So, if you can help us solve this problem, it would be great.

Thanks!  Chandra
  • Rob HatchRob Hatch 🛠️ 
    edited September 2016
    Chandra has laid down the gauntlet.  I'll take a stab.  But it may be a few days until I get anything up here. Stay tuned. 
  • any update on this!  we are hastily adding an approval process for Opportunities and want an easy way to see the history and add the approve/reject links somewhere on the Skuid page!
  • Rob HatchRob Hatch 🛠️ 
    edited September 2016
    Dunno if anyone is still following this topic.  Here is a link to page xml for a Case Approval process which you should be able to copy into your org and mess around with. 
    https://github.com/skuidify/SamplePages/blob/master/pages/CaseApproval.xml

• edited November 2015
    Hello Rob, 

I am using the Case Approval Process xml for my own custom object. Does "Request Approval via process" call the current active approval process to perform the approval process? Also, I have a custom object which already has a approval history (can be seen in the standard salesforce page). I cannot see the existing approval history in the skuid page that I tweaked a little to get data from my own custom object. Any suggestions why can't I see the approval history in skuid?

Thanks,
    Namrata