Numeric value validation on save

AmrAmr
edited June 25 in Questions
I have a page with 5 models. One of the models has a numeric value (double). When I enter an invalid value (string), I don't get any error message. The model saves successfully and just blanks out the number value.

I tried to "Add on-error action" to the button without any luck.
I want to avoid writing the whole save in Javascript.

Comments

• Pat VachonPat Vachon ✭✭
    edited June 25
    Well. I think I get what you're asking. You've got a snippet that does attempts to update field values. Then an action to save is set. If you know which field is supposed to be a numeric value, why not just make sure it's a number before finishing the snippet.
  • edited May 2019
    Can you reproduce this outside of your page i.e. in another page?  If so, post sample XML here.
  • Rob HatchRob Hatch 🛠️ 
    edited September 2016
    Amr,  why are you not using normal Salesforce Validation here?  Skuid will post any validation error message on your page. No coding needed. 

• edited June 25
    If you make it a required field, you will get field validation.  Otherwise, either add server side validation per Rob, or implement a custom field renderer (Rob would this work too?).

• Pat VachonPat Vachon ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    And there it is. The "Nuts" as they'd say in poker.
  • Rob HatchRob Hatch 🛠️ 
    edited September 2016
    You could do validation in a custom field renderer - to achieve a client side behavior - but the server side solution is so much easier... ie no code. 
  • AmrAmr
    edited January 2015
    Thanks all for your replies. Sorry for being away for time difference (I am in Australia).
    I replicated the same in a simple page with one model. Kindly note here there is no coding involved. Only out of the box save.

• AmrAmr
    edited January 2015
    I found a workaround by adding validation rule on Salesforce side.

NOT( ISNUMBER(Text(ts2__Years_of_Experience__c )))

I hope there is a better solution.
  • Rob HatchRob Hatch 🛠️ 
    edited September 2016
    Glad you were able to get this working.  Enjoy your Austrailan summer.