How can I make the first column in a table default to sort by date?

In Models, click on the table model, and click Advanced. Then you can choose to sort by Date DESC where “Date” is the name of a date field on the object. This will bring records into this model in Date Order (newest to oldest) Then, at the field level, you can click on individual fields and check “Allow Ordering” in the properties. Then, when using the page, users will be able to click on that column order to sort by that field. Does that answer your question?

Hey Mike, If you want to set a default order for your table you do it in the advanced properties for the model the table is using. 1. With the model selected, open up the Advanced Properties pane. 2. Enter the field you’d like the model’s records to be ordered by (it’s basically a SOQL ORDER BY clause without the “order by”). Then, if you want your users to be able to change that order at runtime you can set the allow ordering property for the date field. 1. Select the field within the table. 2. Check the Allow Ordering property. Then you should end up with something like this with the ordering arrows on the table already set to your default order by:

Any tips on how I can reverse this order… ie descending by date field?

Scratch that … worked it out ) DESC

Glad you were able to solve your own problem.  Everyone else on the community is a little tipsy from partying at Dreamforce.  Sorry about the service interruption… 

Under “Advanced” I do not have a “Field to order records by” check box. Has this option moved for tables?

Check on the advanced tab of the model, not the table.

That was the piece I was missing. Thank you!

Hey @Michael_Marshall and good news!

Skuid has implemented a sort builder with other powerful features in the new Chicago release which is now available on the Skuid Releases page. Best practices for upgrading can be found in Upgrading Skuid on Salesforce. As a reminder, Salesforce does NOT allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission-critical functionality before installing into a production environment.

We also recommend that you update out-of-date themes and design systems after you upgrade. Please let us know if you continue to encounter any problems with this issue after upgrading.

Thanks,