Wizard Record Saves

Ok, I’ve been playing with the javascript API a bit, but I’m not getting the behavior I expect (well maybe hope is a better descriptor). I’m “creating a new record”, but the I’m attempting to override the save button so it will look for an existing record first. I have a snippet running, and it looks something like this: var params = arguments[0], $ = skuid.$; var contactModel = skuid.model.getModel(‘Contact’); var firstContact = contactModel.getFirstRow(); alert(firstContact); alert(contactModel); I have filled in data into the first row…but when I run the alert, I get [object Object]. Is it possible to grab the data dynamically before doing a commit? Or do I need to write a function that will override the information here: Page Not Found — Skuid v15.1.6 Documentation All I want to do is grab the email address input into the “New contact” screen, then load that into another model and see if there are any results. If there are, in the next screen I want to pass in the ID from that model, or do I need a second model?