SKUID vs standard interface comparison.

Rob, I wasn’t trying to replicate the standard Salesforce interface… the exact opposite. I was trying to see what the differences where between the same form in the standard interface and when it was redone in SKUID. I would do recent items in skuid… but from what I gather… the data is not programatically available I don’t need to do quick create… SKUID has the little green button… but there are differences in the 2 approaches… I’m proposing to put a list of reports and tools on tabs, rather than directly in front of the user. I’ve already built… and shown on these forums… a nice SKUID user help that uses popup forms. I’ll take a look at what Microsoft is doing… thanks for the tip. I do think in any environment there is a “way” that is suggested/implied/enabled by the tools the environment supplies. It makes programming a lot easier if you realize what the programming environment “wants you to do”. I am not looking for a “standard” way to do SKUID… I’m looking for SKUID “best practices” Even though the salesforce UI is “old fashioned”… i think one should not discount it to quickly… much to my surprise, some users would rather have a setup that flattens things out and follows the one task/one form model… it seems to have something to do with having to operate with a real minimum of attention… more compex ui’s are more powerful… but demand more attention you can see this in the difference between skuid’s green button and the sales force “quick create”. Quick create is not as powerful, but its right there in front of you… you don’t have to “remember” that you can create a new record. I’m a big fan of skuid… i think there are parts of the salesforce ui that are there because they’ve been patched together over the years… but i’ve learned the hard way that the “old fashion” ui patterns have some real value for some users thanks for the comments… this is the discussion i was trying to start.