Field Editor Improvements

Allow columns in sections, add column titles, columns and sections can be reordered/moved

• Add the ability to create columns inside sections so they can use the same unified title
  • Add titles to columns
  • If no title is provided for a column or section, completely collapse the title container (so all sections or columns will look the same and visually refer to a higher parent’s title in the hierarchy)
  • Add the ability to sort/move sections and columns
via thejohnelson at github.com/skuidify

Right now Skuid only allows you to rearrange fields in a field editor. It would be great to have the ability to rearrange sections and columns (i.e. named groups of fields) as well. This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Rearranging sections and columns in field editor.

I second that! Also, being able to drag a component directly from one tab to another would be nice.

This is a great idea, so I created a new topic to continue the discussion. Please reference the new topic here: Drag a component directly from one tab into another

To add to your original idea, Anna. I’d like to be able to have a mixture of sections in my field editor, some that are two columns and some that are one. A common pattern that I see is to have fields in two or three columns, then to have a one column section below it for a “notes” text area. This yearning may come from too many years using the standard Salesforce UI, which does this particular need well.