Allow table column widths to be modified by user

Anna WiersemaAnna Wiersema 🛠️ 
edited December 2019 in Ideas
Especially when columns are so small that data can't be read. -via Zachelrath on github.com/skuidify
Tagged:
3 votes

Implemented · Last Updated

Comments

• Kaede HollandKaede Holland ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Hi there -

I know I can drag the corner of a text field to increase its size while in edit mode - but is there a way to avoid having to do this every time I want to edit text in a text field that has entirely way too much text?

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Increasing the Area of a Long Text Field.
  • Anna WiersemaAnna Wiersema 🛠️ 
    edited December 2019
    Right now, unfortunately, field/column widths aren't adjustable. I hope that we will add this enhancement soon.
  • Anna WiersemaAnna Wiersema 🛠️ 
    edited December 2019
    The ability for an administrator to specify either a pixel or percentage width for specific columns in a Skuid Table component has been added as of Skuid 2.26. It's coming soon :)View the issue on GitHub.
  • Ken McElrathKen McElrath ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    I love this new feature and we use it all the time now. Thanks for suggesting it Kaede!
  • edited September 2013
    I use it too! We do everything with percentages so things scale properly across devices and screen sizes!
  • edited May 2014
    I can't seem to get the column widths to work/ Does it work on the column headers as well?
  • edited October 2014
    It would be great if they were adjustable on the user level to allow them to drag them in or out to re-size the column.
  • edited December 2016
    In addition to liking Nate's idea, what if the user could show and hide columns as needed.  
  • edited April 2015
    Our users would love to have the ability to adjust the column widths on the skuid table as your can do in a list view in native Salesforce.
  • Rob HatchRob Hatch 🛠️ 
    edited September 2016
    Duly noted.  Thanks Nate.  
  • edited June 2018
    Where was this implemented? 
  • Jack SanfordJack Sanford ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Can this be branched into a new idea? The original post has not been implemented - column widths cannot be modified by the user, they can only be modified by the page builder. 

Did I see this is coming in Spark?
  • edited December 2018
    Jack,

Yes.  I saw last week's Spark demo.  Users can adjust the column width as they would like.

Thanks,

Bill