DataSource Trouble with Dynamic Model on Force.com Site

See video:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1u_Ow8I9HYyXILrnrUcCzPkjRzlvpPss4/view

Update:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yJvH3MG3uCx-o23CaflUnHRhhbOifUu0/view

Oh, and we’re still way back on 10.0.27 (v1).

Looks like setting up a dummy model to make sure the page has the right metadata was the trick. Thanks, Jer!

Hey Folks. I thought this was resolved by adding dummy models to my page so that Skuid could find the metadata for all the models that I need to create dynamically, but apparently that doesn’t work now that Spring 21 is in full effect.

What would cause a model to default back to “salesforce” as a dataSource instead of the defined datasource on a public site, but not anywhere else?

Here’s the relevant code:

var modelObj = {};

<b>modelObj.dataSource = skuid.page.runningOnForceSite ? "siteSalesforce" : "salesforce";</b>

modelObj.objectName = 'Signature_Type__c';

modelObj.id = "SignatureType_"+stname;

modelObj.doQuery = true;

modelObj.recordsLimit = 1;

modelObj.preventUnloadIfUnsavedChanges = false;

modelObj.fields = [

{id: "Id"},

{id: "Name"},

{id: "Title__c"},

{id: "Default_Style__c"},

{id: "Signee__c"},

{id: "Type_Lookup_Model__c"},

{id: "Witness__c"},

{id: "Witness_Signee__c"}

];

modelObj.conditions = [

{

type: 'fieldvalue',

field: 'Name',

operator: '=',

value: stname,

encloseValueInQuotes: true

}

];

<b> var model = new skuid.model.Model(modelObj);</b>

modelObj is getting defined correctly, with dataSource: “siteSalesforce” on a public site.

But when I call skuid.model.Model(modelObj) the dataSource for the resulting model is “salesforce”, not “siteSalesforce,” which doesn’t work on a public site.

Help!

Apparently defining the models with XML instead of the model object works! Thanks to @Walter_Lowry for the direction. :slight_smile:

It’s uglier, but it works:

var modelXML = ‘<model id="’+stname.split(" “).join(”“)+'” datasource="'+

(skuid.page.runningOnForceSite ? 'siteSalesforce' : 'salesforce')+

'" sobject="Signature_Type__c" query="true" limit="1" unloadwarningifunsavedchanges="false">'+

'<fields>'+

'<field id="Id"/><field id="Name"/><field id="Title__c"/><field id="Default_Style__c"/>'+

'<field id="Signee__c"/><field id="Type_Lookup_Model__c"/><field id="Witness__c"/><field id="Witness_Signee__c"/>'+

'</fields>'+

'<conditions><condition type="fieldvalue" field="Name" operator="=" value="'+stname+'" enclosevalueinquotes="true"/>'+

'</conditions><actions/></model>';

var model = new skuid.model.Model(skuid.utils.makeXMLDoc(modelXML));