Preload a UI Only reference Field

Are there any screens shots to show how to load a record into a UI Only reference field when creating a record. Here is what I have done in V2:

2020-07-06_16-07-30.MP4

• Hey Bill, thanks for the video. I've been able to reproduce this issue in v2 and it appears there's an issue in how the values are being handled by the ui-only reference field. I am logging this as a known issue in our tracking system. We will let you know when the fix is available.

In the meantime it will help us prioritize this issue if you could share more about how your implementation is affected:

Is this page already live in production?

• If this page isn't already live, when is your planned deployment date?
  • Is this issue blocking that deployment?

I’ve assessed this issue’s level of impact on you as Level 4 Medium Impact. Let me know if this sounds correct.

Thanks Anna. It is not live. The impact level is correct.

Hey Bill, just wanted to let you know that I’ve been looking into this with the product team.

For now if you have the record name stored in another model, you can use the field “Placeholder” value to bring in the name of the record. Alternatively, you could use a reference field from a real object as a Ui-Only reference field - just have the model query no data, create a new row, and don’t save any changes.

Here’s a simple page demonstrating both ways:

<skuid__page unsavedchangeswarning=“yes” personalizationmode=“server” showsidebar=“true” showheader=“true”>

models.loaded

<skuid__grid uniqueid=“sk-1hiQ-4518” flexDirection=“row” justifyContent=“flex-start” alignItems=“flex-start” columnGutter=“5”>

<skuid__form showErrorsInline=“true” model=“Account” uniqueid=“sk-1NyW-6697” mode=“read”>

<skuid__field id=“Id” uniqueId=“sk-1NyW-6700”/>

<skuid__field id=“Name” uniqueId=“sk-3Kpi-53162”/>

</skuid__form>

<skuid__form showErrorsInline=“true” model=“UiOnly” uniqueid=“sk-3Kqr-14980” mode=“edit”>

<skuid__field id=“Reference” uniqueId=“sk-3Kqr-14981” pageSize=“5” tokenizeSearch=“false” label=“Reference (should show {{$Model.Account.data.0.Name}})” displayTemplate=“{{Name}}” searchTemplate=“{{Name}}” placeholder=“{{$Model.Account.data.0.Name}}”>

</skuid__field>

</skuid__form>

<skuid__form showErrorsInline=“true” model=“ContactUsedasUIOnly” uniqueid=“sk-3um1-13620” mode=“edit”>

<skuid__field id=“AccountId” uniqueId=“sk-3um1-13621” tokenizeSearch=“false”/>

</skuid__form>

</skuid__grid>

</skuid__page>