Odd error new row when field used in condition is not in model (Skuid 12.4.9)

image.png

<skuid__page unsavedchangeswarning=“yes” personalizationmode=“server” showsidebar=“true” showheader=“true”>

<skuid__table allowColumnFreezing=“dragDrop” model=“Opps” uniqueid=“sk-BH5-24531” mode=“read”>

</skuid__table>

</skuid__page>

Thanks Pat. This issue affects versions 12.4.9+ in situations where you have a condition on a reference fields but the field is not included in the model.

Workarounds:

• Include the condition field in the model. OR

• Set the condition to filterable.

What changed:

• Performance enhancements in 12.4.9 keep Skuid from making unnecessary metadata queries. This means if a field with “expensive metadata” like a reference field is used in a non-filterable condition and the field is not included in the model, its metadata won’t be queried.

This issue has been logged in our tracking system so the devs are aware of it. Let me know the level of impact for your implementation(s) from 5 (low impact) to 1 (critical impact). This will help in terms of prioritizing the issue.

I’d give this a 2 since it shouldn’t come up for any longer since I know what the issue is along with the work around.

Setting the condition to filterable fixes the issue even if it’s active?

Yes, in my experience you can set the condition to “filterable default on” and this will allow the condition to work even if the field isn’t included in the model.

Thank you for your patience! Skuid has fixed the issue you raised regarding conditions on reference fields not being respected in the new 12.4.11 release which is now available on the Skuid Releases page.

Best practices for upgrading can be found in Upgrading Skuid on Salesforce. As a reminder, Salesforce does NOT allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission critical functionality before installing into a production environment. We also recommend that you update out of date themes after you upgrade. Please let us know if you continue to encounter any problems with this issue after upgrading.

Thanks again for alerting us of this issue!