Community users component rendering error - works for internal users

I am having an issue after upgrading to 11.2.30 where community users are getting a 

There was a problem rendering a component of type skuidpage: No row provided 

error in the console.  Internal users this does not occur.  The page loads fine but functionality is limited/broken.  

The error was below and seemed to be related to inline javascript trying to access an object that did not have permissions for any community user.  Worked fine in 10.x.x but not in 11.x.x - I am still trying to figure out what type of object this is and how it fell through the cracks.  The console didn’t give me much help (as you can see) but after inspecting the inline JS and then using the console/API to review the model data I finally found the needle in this haystack.

We’ve come to find that we were using a model to retrieve a custom setting (Salesforce id).  We then used that obtained ID as a condition in another model.  Before updates this worked well, no problems.  Recently community users cannot access this custom setting in Skuid.

Temporarily we’ve hardcoded this value but would prefer to be able to access this custom setting in Skuid.  Is there a way to get community users access to this?

Lucas, it looks like this might be related. Have you looked at the related Salesforce critical updates and the recommended permission changes here?

https://community.skuid.com/t/custom-meta-data-and-custom-setting-field-is-not-queryable-on-the-community-site

Thank you for this.  I’ve been aware of those updates and the changes necessary.  Perhaps I’ve missed something…

A few things in our situation…

1. This isn’t a lightning community (force.com)
  2. We’re on 11.2.30
  3. We have community guest site users with the Skuid Page View permissions

Perhaps we’ve missed something.