What additional formula functions would you want to have in Skuid UI-only fields?

Not long ago, we added DATE_ADD and DATE_DIFF to formula functions in UI-only fields. What other formula functions not currently supported would you like to see available? 

Thanks!

Matt,

It would be nice to have a ‘TRIM’ function (similar to the Apex String method) that would remove any spaces before and after a Text field.

I have also had a need to remove the last character from Text field.  I could see combining JOIN_TEXT with a ‘REMOVE_LAST_CHAR’ function.  You may want a semi-colon separated set of text fields without the last semi-colon that will be added by the JOIN_TEXT.  For example:

REMOVE_LAST_CHAR(JOIN_TEXT(“,”,{{Name}}))

Thanks,

Bill

1 Like

Bill, big +1 for TRIM(), would be hugely helpful.

On REMOVE_LAST_CHAR(), just want to make sure I understand what your after — as I understand it, REMOVE_LAST_CHAR({{Input}}) or REMOVE_FIRST_CHAR({{Input}}) can be achieved with a combination of LEFT(), RIGHT(), and LEN():

REMOVE_LAST_CHAR({{Input}}) —> LEFT({{Input}},LEN({{Input}}) - 1)
REMOVE_FIRST_CHAR({{Input}}) —> RIGHT({{Input}},LEN({{Input}}) - 1)

Are you looking for a shortcut function to achieve these?

Hi Matt,

I know there is this sort of functunality with combining RIGHT() and LEFT() in a formula field, but a MID() function would be very useful to cut the extra steps out.

Thanks,
Emma

I vote this up… I’m surprised this hasn’t got any traction since 2019.