Question concerning passing parameters from Lightning Pages to Skuid Pages?

All, I am migrating to Lightning and I have a lot of buttons on related lists that call SKUID pages and pass parameters to those pages such as Account name and ID, contact name, etc. Salesforce is stating that this will not work since they do not support URL hacks in Lightning. Has anyone else found a work around to this limitation. I am open to using any/all methods. Thanks. Jeff

Hi Jeff, wanted to let you know that it seems like adding the prefix “c__” to a URL parameter name prevents Lightning from removing it. Is that helpful for you?

Hi Luzie,

Thank you for your reply.   Yes you are correct we discovered the same thing with assistance from Skuid Support.  If you add c__ to the URL parameter it seems like Lightning does not strip the parameter from the URL.  

I just worry how long Salesforce will allow that to work before they change something on the back end…

Jeff

Thank you for the quick feedback! You are right, these things might change in the future.

Our docs are also updated on this topic: Prefixing your URL parameters is key.

https://docs.skuid.com/latest/en/skuid/pages/page-parameters/#using-page-parameters-in-salesforce-lightning