Mimic Edit Page Button

I would like to mimic the Edit Page button that is docked to the right center of every skuid page.  I would like to be able to display one or more specific buttons in this fashion (although I would like it to be able to specify the location it is docked to if possible.  I am using V2 with Design Systems, so I am limited on my ability to adjust the CSS, unlike in V1, so I’m not sure how to proceed.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Hi CM, that’s a cool idea, you could use a “Go to URL” action on any button and use the following URL:

/apex/skuid__PageBuilder?id={{$Page.Id}}

This grabs the page Id automatically. Alternatively you could as well use the page’s static Id that you see in the URL if you open the page in the Page Builder.

Luzie,

I’m not looking to access the Page builder.  I would like to create a custom button that looks/feels/acts like the Edit Page button, but the actions performed are unique to my use case. For Instance, I could use this for something like a Help Panel for the Page, where it is easily accessible to the user, no matter how far down the skuid page they scroll. 

I see, that also sounds like a cool idea, however unfortunately I don’t know how to do that. I’ll let you know if I can find out more.