Best way to pass URL Parameters to a Skuid Page using a Lightning Component?

I can’t seem to find an easy way to use the Skuid Page Lightning Component and allow the Skuid page to take a URL Parameter. 

I’m able to get this working on normal Detal/View pages of records by overriding the object’s view/create/edit buttons/functions. But, I don’t want to override any of those for this page.

I’d like to just pass a URL Parameter to a Skuid Page within Lightning, without having to override any object view functions.

Thank you,

Sam

I can’t find a declarative way anywhere, but pieced together a few things from other posts and Salesforce help. However, it still isn’t working.

I have now created a Lightning App with the following code.

```
According to this post this should work, but in order to get the Lightning App to be a tab, I added it as a Web Tab, but the url parameter gets lost when the page reloads.

Any idea how to get this to work?

Thank you,

Also, there's a typo on this page under Standalone Lightning Applications. It list 
... <skuid:page name="Insert-Your-Skuid-Page" /> ...```
When it should be <skuid:page page="Insert-Your-Skuid-Page" />
```

Hi Sam, you might have already found more information about this in the meantime, just wanted to let you know that it seems like adding the prefix “c__” to a URL parameter name prevents Lightning from removing it. Is that helpful for you?

Hey Sam,

Luzie already posted this, but I just updated our docs on this topic. 

Prefixing your URL parameters is key.

https://docs.skuid.com/latest/en/skuid/pages/page-parameters/#using-page-parameters-in-salesforce-lightning

Hope this helps

1 Like