How does Skuid compare to other Lightning 3rd party components in terms of load time?

So … what have you all experienced in Skuid component load time in a Lightning page? I’ve seen super simple pages load in 2sh seconds after the lightning components have loaded. I’ve seen complex pages single page Skuid apps load in about a minute and half that in classic.

From what I could tell, Skuid pages/components resources load in sequence in Lightning versus in parallel in classic.

What is everyone’s experience of Skuid load time in Lightning?

I’m really to get a thorough understanding of Skuid’s load time in Lightning and how that compares to other 3rd party components.

Lastly, a few questions for Skuid:

1. Do you foresee a time when Skuid’s load time in Lightning is on par with the load time in Classic?
  2. Do I understand this correctly in that resources are loaded in sequence in Lightning versus in parallel in classic? If so, is this can or will change?
  3. Will it be possible that 3rd party components will load at the same time as SF’s components?

Dear Pat,
Thank you for your questions. We understand that this is an important topic for our users. Since it’s a complex topic, there are no short and easy responses. I’m sure you already know our guideline “Skuid and Salesforce Lightning Performance Tips”? I wanted to share the link for users who haven’t seen it, yet. It’s a good place to start when you want to know more about how Skuid works in Lightning:
https://docs.skuid.com/latest/en/skuid/best-practices/lightning-performance/index.html

In general, the more complex your Skuid page is, the longer it needs to render. We are utilizing cache aggressively to optimize this load time.

Regarding your questions:

1. Here it’s tough to provide a simple statement. Our developers are continuously improving the performance with every new Skuid release and the collaboration with Salesforce’s team. Best practice is to use the latest released version of Skuid to benefit from the latest performance improvements.
  2. As far as I know, resources are loaded in sequence in Lightning, furthermore the components are rendered client-side, while Classic renders the page server-side. “If so, is this can or will change? ” --> that sounds more like a question for Salesforce :-)
  3. They actually do, but it’s more a matter of who is lucky to get the first spots in the queue.