Nested Deck Context?

Is it possible for nested decks to be able to refer to the context of the deck that they are inside of? If so, how can this be accomplished? I’m not seeing a way to do this.

I found a way to accomplish this, but in order to do it I need to do it in the XML, it is not possible from the editor. The reason for this is because I’m using Aggregate Models, and the Merge Field on the Context Condition doesn’t allow you to select an aggregate field.

I selected a non-aggregate field, and then in the XML did find/replace for all instances of that field to my aggregate field name and it is now getting the context properly.

The trick for working with aggregate models to drive context is to edit the Alias name for the fields in the aggregate model to the correlated API field for the object.  For example, if you are aggregating a count of Id fields, Skuid will title the alias as “countId”.  If you change this to “Id”, it will re-align to the object definition and when you use the field picker, which evaluates the object metadata, the alias will align correctly.

Interesting workaround; but shouldn’t the selector just simply realize you’re working with an aggregate model and allow you to select the aggregate fields instead of the base Salesforce object fields? Seems like this might be a bug.

I won’t argue with this after spending a few hours on the same issue you raised.

Shouldn't the selector just simply realize you're working with an aggregate model and allow you to select the aggregate fields instead of the base Salesforce object fields? Seems like this might be a bug.
Totally agree. It should.

The field picker has some consistency issues that we're looking at. This one's been logged in our system. We'll update this post once work is underway.