Pre-populating fields from filters not working in 12.1.5 within page includes

I am working in 12.1.5 and using filters to pre-populate values in records doesn’t appear to work when loading the page through an include.  This is the setup where you create a model, setup your filters for the fields you want to default in and then when you add a row, these fields are populated from the filter settings.  It looks like this is impacting V2 pages loaded in page includes.  Loading the same page directly rather than through an include works as expected.

I can get around this by moving the field updates to the action framework, but this isn’t ideal.

Here’s the console log when this error hits.

Hi John,

It sounds like there might be a timing or sync issue with the model loading process for the page include. Do you happen to have a repro page handy (using standard objects/fields) for this issue?

I’ll throw one together for you.  The one where I noticed the issue was on a custom object and I already refactored it using the action framework.

You’re may be spot on regarding this being a timing issue. Here’s a quick page set that I threw together that queries a task based on a parameter, injects that into a page include, and in the page include a case is created based on values from the task. This is handy for testing because the task ID is the same for loading the included page directly.

When I load the interior page directly it works as expected. When I load it through the wrapper only some of the fields show up on the form. In the console, the model does have the values in it and it will commit to the database correctly, but the form never refreshes to display the updated values. Here’s the XML for these two pages:

Wrapper Page:

<skuid__page unsavedchangeswarning=“yes” personalizationmode=“server” showsidebar=“false” showheader=“false” uniqueId=“sk-2KU0-1873”>

<skuid__pageInclude includeType=“skuid” uniqueid=“sk-2KVw-4761” pageName=“V2_IncludeTest” queryString=“Id={{$Model.Task.data.0.Id}}”/>

</skuid__page>

Included Page:

<skuid__page unsavedchangeswarning=“yes” personalizationmode=“server” showsidebar=“false” showheader=“false” uniqueId=“sk-2KUE-1873”>

<skuid__form showErrorsInline=“true” model=“Case” uniqueid=“sk-2KVr-12830” mode=“edit” showSaveCancel=“true”>