Render a table row as editable after clicking a custom button

I am not sure if this has been asked before, but I am currently stuck with this problem. We need to make a row editable after clicking a custom Edit button. This row will be selected using the Mass Update Action checkbox of skuid table. ToggleEdit() functions works well if the table mode is “Read with Inline Editing”. But we don’t allow users to edit rows directly in the table. So table is read only. Is there a way to render a table row editable this way? I have been spending a lot of time searching for similar questions here but I think I did not any answer (or I just miss something). So here goes my first question and I hope I’ll be able to hear from someone soon. Thank you :slight_smile:

When we have similar requirements, we have the custom edit button open a popup where the single row is displayed in a Field Editor component.

Sometimes, we are able to make the table Read-with-inline-edit and make most of the individual fields read-only. The edit action only activates the editable fields.

Thanks for your reply :slight_smile:

If I’m not asking for too much, may I know how do we achieve this activating read only fields to be editable in the table?

If a field is checked as Read-only in the composer, it will not be editable in the table. Fields that are not marked read-only will only become editable when the edit row-action is clicked. This would be the default Edit Rows Action with the pencil icon, or a Row Action you add back to the table as an Action Type of Edit Record. I was thinking there was an ‘edit row’ action in the action framework, but apparently there is not.

So the only possible thing we can implement is to display the row in a pop up where we can edit the fields?