Some Skuid components still not working in community after Salesforce patch

NA73 is patched already (Spring '19 Patch 18.6)

Noticed some Skuid components are loading, some are not, and some are not after a browser forced refresh (control-R in Firefox or Chrome).
Running Skuid 11.1.7

Please help?  The Skuid components is mission critical to my client’s business, and every day that it’s not working is costing my client money.

Johnny - What are the specific components that are not working for you? As a fellow Skuid developer that has a client using skuid and the community I’d like to be on the lookout myself!

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues. 

Jeff

In community, we are using a Skuid components for Skuid pages.  Some of the pages work, but the more complex pages are not loading.  Specifically, there is a page with a lot of custom labels for translation, and that page is not loading.

I did more testing.  In community, using skuid components, the skuid pages with many custom labels (100+) only loads 20% of the time.

Johnny, Thanks for sharing.

I hope you get some help from the folks at Skuid for this issue soon! I myself don’t have a use case I can help you out with at this time. Sorry!

-Jeff

Johnny, can you confirm that this just started happening after the Salesforce patch, and was not happening before?

Can you grant login access to Skuid Support (ideally as a Community user profile) and post the link to the URL in the community where this is happening? you can email “support at skuid.com” with this information.

Hi Zach

I can confirm this happened after the Salesforce patch.  I was literally working on those pages for 2 weeks before the Salesforce updates that broke it, and I was force refreshing the browser the whole time in community to ensure it was working as I made changes to it.  The updates were completed dates before it stopped working.

Johnny, have you granted login access to Skuid Support?

Hi Zach.  I’ll email link and enable access this afternoon.

Hi Zach

I have enable access for Skuid support, and I have emailed Skuid support as well.

Hi Zach

Any updates?  It’s been 2 days.  Did support receive my email?  It would be great if I can get an idea of the timeline for this fix, thanks.

We will be releasing a fix for this in our next patch of Millau (11.2.23) and our next Spark patch (12.1.4).

The summary of this issue is that for some reason, at least in your org, Johnny, Lightning’s service for providing custom labels is taking a very, very long time to load, so long that Skuid is currently timing out waiting for it to load. This is sporadic because sometimes it doesn’t take long enough to exceed the timeout, but sometimes it does. We will be increasing the timeout substantially so that Skuid will wait for Lightning to return custom labels, even if it takes a very long time.

Hi Zach

Thank you for looking into this, but simply increasing the Skuid timeout doesn’t seem like a good fix.  I don’t think it’s a reasonable user experience to have to wait 20 seconds to load a page of text in 2019.  In fact, I think most will just assume it’s broken.  It seems to me the fix would be if lightning’s service for providing custom label goes back to the way before when it didn’t take a very long time to load.

Johnny, I agree, but there’s a big difference between a network request failing after 5 seconds (which is where Skuid is currently timing out) and failing after 20 seconds. In my testing, it looks like Lightning’s event service takes anywhere from 3-6 seconds to load, with the average being around 4. I agree that this is too long, that it should absolutely not be taking that long and that it represents a bad experience. We can dig in to try to figure out why that’s happening, but in the short term, removing Skuid’s 5 second timeout will make it so that the difference between 4.9 and 5.1 seconds is not a working page vs a non-working page.

Hi Zach

Thank you for your reply.  I agree as a short term solution, it sounds reasonable.  I do hope there will be a complete fix soon.  The client chose Skuid because of the user experience.

A short-term solution to this has been implemented in our latest maintenance releases for Spark (12.1.3) and Millau (11.2.23), which are now available from Skuid Releases: https://www.skuid.com/releases/salesforce/