Possible bug in 11.2.8

Hi there,

I found an issue with skuid version 11.2.8 that model definition/model is not cleared after going to different page.

The scenario is we have a container page called Navigator. In Navigator, we have a page include with id main-include.

We use javascript to change skuid page for the page include (main-include) like this.

var $ = skuid.$;
var pageName = ‘shared_task_list’; // we switch this page based on the
//record/view dynamically. E.g. if you click on a task
//subject link we navigate to task view page by //switching pageName to task_basics_view.
var include = $(‘#main-include’);
var includeObj = include.data(‘object’);
includeObj.pagename = pageName;
includeObj.objecttype = ‘’;
includeObj.querystring = queryString; includeObj.load();```

This is all good about switching the page. However, I can still access the model ‘Shared_Tasks’ of page shared_task_list even after navigating to task_basics_view page which contains only ‘Task’ model. Is this expected behaviour?

Thank you.
Gyan

Any update on this please?

Gyan, was the “Shared_Tasks” Model being removed previously? What Skuid version were you on before updating to 11.2.8?

Just to clarify, which Skuid page contains the “Shared_Tasks” model? Is it the parent page? If so, then it would be expected that the Shared_Tasks model will still be there. If the Shared_Tasks model is in the page being included, “shared_task_list”, then this would be a bug, it should be getting removed when you switch to a different page.

Hi Zach, yes “Shared_Tasks” model was being removed in previous version (11.1.11) of skuid.

Model “Shared_Tasks” is contained in the included page (“shared_tasks_list”) not in the parent page. The shared_task_list page is switched with task_basics_view page using JavaScript. Even after the pageinclude object loaded with new page we can still access model from the old page.

From your reply this seems to be a bug in version 11.2.8.

Thank you.

Hi Zach, 

The issue exists in skuid version 11.2.9 as well. Do we have ETA for the fix.

Gyan

Hi Zach … I see this issue is marked Solved. What’s the solution?

Thanks,
Glenn.

Hi team, 

Do we have any update on the progress of this?

Thanks
Gyan