Budget vs Actual donut chart

Chad GillChad Gill ✭✭✭
edited June 25, 2020 in Questions
I am trying to create a dashboard for our app that shows budget vs actual for labor and expenses.  I want to have a donut chart that show the % of the budgeted amount that the actual is.  The full circle is the budgeted amount, the slice is the value of the current actual and the center is the %

Comments

• Pat VachonPat Vachon 💎💎💎
    edited June 25, 2020
    Hmmm ... don't work with pie charts too often but you could likely do this by getting the actual amount and yet to be used amount in two separate models/series. Basically one row each with the respective amounts.

Model#1: YetToBeUsedFromBudgetAmount
    Model#2: ActualAmount
  • Chad GillChad Gill ✭✭✭
    edited July 10, 2018

I can show the series but the problem is the donut shows them as separate amounts when what i want is the actual to cover the budgeted as we use it.  In this case the number in the middle should be 78% mean we have used 78% of our budgeted expenses.

• Chad GillChad Gill ✭✭✭
    edited July 10, 2018
    i guess what i am actually looking for is more like a guage chart but not sure how to do that in skuid

• Chad GillChad Gill ✭✭✭
    edited May 18, 2019
  • Chad GillChad Gill ✭✭✭
    edited June 25, 2020
    I may be alone out here but just in case, we got this to work by charting two series.  We rolled up the actual usages and set one series as the total.  We then set the other series to the (budget amount minus the rolled up amount.)  Then bazinga! we have a sorta gauge chart  
  • Pat VachonPat Vachon 💎💎💎
    edited July 13, 2018
    Da man!
  • Arne-Per HeurbergArne-Per Heurberg ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 18, 2019
    not alone! Thanks!