Update record created via the Upload File component

Jesus GonzalezJesus Gonzalez ✭✭✭
edited November 21, 2019 in Questions
Hello!

I am trying to build a functionality where users can specify which type of file they are going to upload and save that information in a custom Content Version field.

I am using a Tab Set with the different types of file and sending the information to a Page Include component.

My question would be how to assign this value to the record created in the new page using the File Upload component. I cannot see how to query the new record on the On-Upload Success Actions property.

Many thanks!
Jesus

Comments

• edited October 15, 2019
    Read through the comments on this post and see if it helps: https://community.skuid.com/skuid/topics/populate-custom-field-on-file-upload
  • Jesus GonzalezJesus Gonzalez ✭✭✭
    edited November 21, 2019
    Hello!

Many thanks for your reply.

I finally followed a different approach which worked exactly as I needed:
    Instead of having a Page Include component, I have a File Upload in every tab. In the On-Upload Actions of the File Upload component I update the ContentVersion record with the appropriate document type.

Regards,
    Jesus
  • edited October 23, 2018
    Hey Jesus - how did you update the ContentVersion record with the appropriate document type? I can't figure it out
  • Jesus GonzalezJesus Gonzalez ✭✭✭
    edited November 2, 2018
    Hello Griffin,

I save the changes in the ContentDocument record and then update the related ContentVersion (which contains the document type custom field):

I hope that helps.

Regards,
    Jesus