Chatter comments opens new page

The chatter ‘comment’ button on a Skuid page will take you to the standard lightning comment page instead of allowing inline comments. This is not an issue with the chatter component in classic. The expected behavior is creating a new comment on the same page mirror the standard lightning chatter experience and the Skuid classic chatter component.

Skuid Version 11.2.1

Clicking here:

Takes you here:

Hi Craig,

Which version of Skuid did you use prior? And, did this function work as expected in that version?

Prior version was 11.1.10. I just switched this sandbox to lightning after upgrading to 11.2.1, so I never tried it with a prior version. However, I just checked a new sandbox still on 11.1.10 and the same issue occurs. 

Does it work as expected in your tests?

Hi Craig, sorry it’s taken me a bit of time to respond. I’ve compared the behavior of the standard Chatter Lightning component to Skuid’s version, and clicking Comment does keep you in-line on the standard component, while Skuid’s will navigate you to another area to leave your comment. This may be intended behavior - I will check on this. If you are in need of the first behavior, you can always consider putting a Chatter Lightning component alongside your Skuid page. 

Please let me know on intended behavior. Unfortunately the standard lightning component won’t work on our single Skuid pages. We’re also using chatter in popups. If you hit comment while on a Skuid page in a popup, it will redirect you to the lightning page but keep the popup open. 

Hi Craig. I realize it’s been quite a while since I responded, but I wanted to let you know that this has been submitted to our product team. I do see the difference in behavior between native Chatter and Chatter in Skuid. For what it’s worth, I also noticed that the original page that has the Chatter feed is still available as a clickable tab in the Lightning Header, which gives users a reasonably easy way to navigate back to where they were.