Skuid Render Failure on Lightning

We seeing another rendering problem on a complex skuid page.   The Rendering problem started on Monday 5/14 on the Summer '18 Release in a Sandbox.  It was rendering fine in Lightning on 5/11.

The page is rendering rendering fine in preview mode from the builder but in lightning we’re seeing a javascript error from the skuid namespace.

TypeError: Cannot read property ‘split’ of undefined
    at j (skuid__SkuidJS:24)
    at m (skuid__SkuidJS:24)
    at i (skuid__SkuidJS:24)
    at eval (skuid__SkuidJS:24)
    at l (skuid__JQueryJS:2)
    at Object.m (skuid__JQueryJS:2)

The effect is that table header information in printed over and over on every row.  Unfortunately the data is customer private so I can’t post or share a screen shot.    Is this a known issue?

Thanks,
Peter 

Sorry to hear your having this problem.

Thank you for providing the details you have. I do have a few follow up questions:
1. What version of Skuid are you running on?
2. Is this in a Lightning community, lightning visualforce page, lightning component? Where is it found and how is it operating?
3. Will the same skuid page work in classic salesforce or does it break there too?
4. Is there any custom Javascript or CSS on the page? If so, when that is deleted, does the problem persist?

A picture would be very helpful. Is there any way you could blot out the information but still show where exactly the rendering problem is happening? We don’t have any exact known issues based on the description but with a picture we’d have more ability to see.

1. What version of Skuid are you running on?

11.1.10 (w/ updated themes)

2. Is this in a Lightning community, lightning visualforce page, lightning component? Where is it found and how is it operating?

skuid page rendered in lightning via the skuid lightning component.

3. Will the same skuid page work in classic salesforce or does it break there too?

works in classic

4. Is there any custom Javascript or CSS on the page? If so, when that is deleted, does the problem persist?

Yes it has javascript.   Problem persists when code is removed.

A picture would be very helpful. Is there any way you could blot out the information but still show where exactly the rendering problem is happening? We don’t have any exact known issues based on the description but with a picture we’d have more ability to see.

Stephen, I’ll send obfuscated  working / not work screen shots via email this AM.

Page will sometimes renders correctly in lightning after a few reloads but mostly not.

Thanks,
    Peter

We have some more information on this problem.

We found that the link to the skuid theme was not being included in the html in cases where the page was not rendering correctly.

As a work around we added the hack below to run once on page load

$(document.body).append(‘’);

Now the page is rendering correctly the vast majority of the time but we do not wish to go to production with the hack in place.

Hope this helps narrow down the root cause!
Peter

Thank you for providing more information. Thank you for emailing the pictures as well. It looks like these pages are having trouble with styling.

What Salesforce Instance and Patch are you running on? Skuid doesn’t push updates, so for it to work on Friday and fail Monday like this makes me want to check to see if Salesforce did anything during this time.

What happens if you upgrade to the latest version of Skuid (11.1.13) and then update out of date themes? 

Can you provide greater detail into how you’re bringing your Skuid page into lightning? Have you used a visualforce component? What’s the methodology there?

Hopefully we’ll be able to get this squared away for you.