Tab actions only run on one tab in a tabset

I have a page consisting of a tabset with four tabs. I have added a 3-second, Show Message and Block UI, as a When First Shown action to each tab. The message only appears on the second tab, no matter which order I select the tabs. Millau 11.1.6

Hi Mike! Does the message not even pop up after a reload of the page? Actions under “When first shown” will only run the first time a user selects this tab on page load. I would be happy to investigate and find out whether this is a technical issue or if we might have to update our documentation. We want to make sure that the features are easy to use:

https://docs.skuid.com/latest/en/skuid/components/tab-set/#actions

Can you reproduce this on a new page (that only includes only the tab set and standard salesforce objects and fields)? If yes, could you please paste the XML here?

As it turns out, the tab actions do work. The tabs where I do not see the message have tables that run a javascript snippet on one or more columns/fields in the table. The javascript code includes skuid.$.blockUI( { message: ‘

working

’});. When that snippet runs, neither the action/Block UI message nor the ‘working’ message appears. I may have earlier seen the action message suppressed when using jQuery.blockUI().

Good to hear that you could find the cause and thank you for sharing it. Please let me know if you need further assistance.