Make table default to toggled off

Hello All,

I have a table and a toggle button that shows/hides the table. Perfect, but I would like for the page to load with the table default to toggled off (hidden). Is there a way to accomplish this?

You can create a UI only field that is blank or “hide” by default, then have a button that sets it to “show”. Then render the table based on that UI only field.

Michael,

If you are using Skuid 11, you can setup an Action Sequence.  Set it up as ‘Event-triggered sequence’ and set Event Name as ‘Skuid Page: Rendered’.  Then add an action to Toggle your table and Hide it.  You can also do other actions when the page is rendered.

Thanks,

Bill

Thanks I think this is the best approach for me. 

Thanks Bill, We are not using skuid 11 yet. 

I found a not-so-elegant solution that still seems to work fine for me:
The table only renders for me on page load (using running user attribute conditions based on my name) and not for our users. But when users click the toggle button the table will appear. This has been successful in my testing.

Just a thought: I use a pick list UI only field and set it’s value to render or hide a variety of elements on the page by setting the picklist value with a button. You can create your own “tab sets” with this functionality giving you more flexibility. You can also use it to build a contextual set of components depending on the activity a person wants to do or see.

Bill, we’ve tried this - we have added an action sequence to the “Select Actions” of a Search Component.  It doesn’t seem to work in that context.  (We’ve used the “toggle/hide” action elsewhere, but it doesn’t work on the Search Component.)  Anyone else run into this?

Elissa,

What version of Skuid are you using? What you described is working for me using Skuid on Salesforce (Version 12.2.10). Here is my XML.

Thanks,

Bill

<skuidpage unsavedchangeswarning="no" personalizationmode="server" showsidebar="true" showheader="true" theme="Material Blue">
<models/>
<components>
<grid uniqueid="sk-38VR-329" columngutter="4px">
<divisions>
<division behavior="flex" minwidth="100px" ratio="1" verticalalign="top">
<components>
<search uniqueid="sk-38Vk-444" soslfields="Name Fields">
<resultactions/>
<selectactions>
<action type="action-sequence" action-sequence-id="5a7c1805-6cfb-4d17-b23c-38bce6843351"/>
</selectactions>
<objects>
<object datasource="salesforce" id="Contact" icon="sk-icon-contact" headername="Contacts" fields="Email" orderby="Name" returnlimit="10">
<fields>
<field id="Name"/>
<field id="Email"/>
</fields>
</object>
</objects>
</search>
</components>
</division>
<division behavior="flex" verticalalign="top" minwidth="100px" ratio="1">
<components>
<richtext multiple="false" uniqueid="sk-38VQ-317">
<contents>&amp;lt;p&amp;gt;Please hide me when you find a contact and select it&amp;lt;/p&amp;gt;
</contents>
</richtext>
</components>
</division>
</divisions>
<styles>
<styleitem type="background" bgtype="none"/>
</styles>
</grid>
</components>
<resources>
<labels/>
<javascript/>
<css/>
<actionsequences>
<actionsequence id="5a7c1805-6cfb-4d17-b23c-38bce6843351" label="Hide" type="reusable">
<description/>
<actions>
<action type="toggleRenderComponent" behavior="hide" componentid="sk-38VQ-317"/>
</actions>
</actionsequence>
</actionsequences>
</resources>
<styles>
<styleitem type="background" bgtype="none"/>
</styles>
</skuidpage>

Just upgraded to 12.2.10.  My XML looks just like yours - so I’m assuming there’s something else going on with my page.  (The Select Actions on my search have 6 other actions.)  I’ll try simplifying and see if I can narrow down why this won’t work.  Thanks for taking a look at this for me.  

@Bill_McCullough, the ‘Event-triggered sequence’ works great to hide the components. How do a trigger the component to show after a drop down is selected?

I have some components that render based on the value of a drop down. I would like to use the action sequence as opposed to the UI-field because using the UI-field renders the components for a second on page load.

Hope that makes sense.

Thank you,

I ended up using a wizard with hidden buttons and navigation and used the interaction on click feature to drive the step on the wizard. So the correct component renders when the user clicks on an object. In the back end the system is just moving to a different step in the wizard.