Page Override Recent Items Search Fails

Hello fellow Skuidets!

I’m loving Skuid and have been overriding pages to streamline workflow. However, multiple users have noticed that the Global Search that shows My Recent Items and typically gives you a hyperlink fails to work when I have a Skuid override page.

I’ve used the console and do see an error when trying to click:

VM4520:1838 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘select’ of undefined
at Function.AutoCompleteInputElement.click (:1838:94)
at HTMLLIElement.onclick

I’m on the latest version of Skuid 11.1.1 but this was also happening on previous versions of 11.x too. Has anyone else encountered this? Suggestions on where to go next, please?

Thank you,

I’ve been unable to replicate this on 11.1.1. What is your setup for overriding?

Hey Stephen,

I’m using a Visualforce page combined with Page Assignments:

<apex:page standardController=“Custom_Object__c”
extensions=“skuid.Redirects”
action=“{!redirect}?objectType=Custom_Object__c&actionType=View”>
</apex:page>

I think you’re on to something here though… newer pages I’ve used the following and don’t encounter this error:

<apex:page doctype=“html-5.0” standardController=“Custom_Object__c”>
<skuid:page actiontype=“View” objectType=“Custom_Object__c”/>
</apex:page>

Although the second implemenation causes the Chatter feed to fail to load with a big “Page Social Does Not Exist” error.

I’d welcome additional thoughts!

Thank you,

Dan

Stephen… it’s the Chatter feed.

Further troubleshooting shows that if I use the current method I’m using for redirect and remove the Chatter feed the issue resolves.

That doesn’t quite fix the issue unfortunately :frowning:

This is a known issue. We have a fix coming out for it in one of the upcoming releases.

Thanks–that works for me. Appreciate the update!

Hello Skuid Community ~

This has been addressed in the new Millau 11.1.3 release which is now available on the Skuid Releases page.

As a reminder, Salesforce does NOT allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission critical functionality before installing into a production environment. We also recommend that you update out of date themes when you upgrade.

Please be reminded to read this version’s special release notes here.