QuickBooks Online - Only allowing one user to subscribe to App

I have a QuickBook Online App that I’ve connected to successfully using REST and it works with one user, but fails when a second user tries to connect.  The behavior I see with my user doesn’t seem correct either.  Almost every time I launch a Skuid page with a model connected to QBO, I get prompted to authorize access to QBO.

QBO has a default 60 minute time out, so that may be what causes the need to frequently reauthorize.

I had another user test the application.  They were prompted to authorize QBO and when they did they authorization they got the message:

“The application has already been subscribed to by another user for this company.”

Has anyone else seen this behavior or have any ideas on how to handle it?

Hello Steve,

I will start by saying I am not a QBO expert, but I think that this article from Quickbooks might shine light on the issue you mentioned in regards to connecting QBO and Skuid: https://help.developer.intuit.com/s/article/Platform-Which-users-can-subscribe-to-QBO-apps

Based on my understanding of what is outlined in this article, it looks like Quickbooks only allows one active connection per company, so I’m not sure this will work as you expect it to due to their limitations. Specifically, they say: “The developer of the app will have access to the first user’s OAuth tokens using which they can call the disconnect API.  After that, the second user should be able to re-authorize and connect again.” Which I don’t think was the experience you were hoping for? Please let me know if this helps, or if it muddies the waters more, I’m happy to do some more digging if needed!

Thanks,

Josh